River Point District—the perfect place to LIVE
Make yourself at home
With more than 800 living units—apartments, condominiums, townhomes and more—River Point District offers inviting spaces to fit any need and budget. Residents also enjoy:
- Enhanced balance and serenity, thanks to ample green space, as well as views of and access to La Crosse’s spectacular rivers, wetlands and bluffs
- Convenient shopping, dining, and recreation, all within walking distance of home
- Plentiful opportunities for exercise and outdoor enjoyment, with adjacent bike trails, walking trails, water access and more
- Easy-to-navigate surroundings, above-ground parking just steps from home and convenient access to public transportation
- Much more!
Healthier living through sustainability
River Point District residents and visitors enjoy the benefits of sustainable urban design.
- A gorgeous array of neighborhood natural resources, thanks to sustainable site design and engineering
- Everyday opportunities to relax and connect with others in dedicated green spaces
- Reduced carbon emissions, thanks to dense neighborhood design and proximity to countless community resources that encourages walking and biking
- Smart stormwater management and alleviation of flooding concerns, thanks to strategic filling that raises much of the site a minimum of two feet above the 100-year flood plain
Learn more about living in the River Point District neighborhood!
September 15, 2022
Big plans for waterfront in River Point District
LA CROSSE, Wis.- Imagine the possibilities. You’re enjoying an afternoon on the river, but you want to grab a bite to eat. You’re able to dock your boat and have almost instant access to restaurants and shopping, and you’re just a short walk from all that downtown La Crosse has to offer. La Crosse Parks […]
September 7, 2022
Senior housing, townhomes proposal at River Point District gets green light
LA CROSSE, Wis.- The city of La Crosse Redevelopment Authority passed a proposal to build a four-story senior apartment building in River Point District. The development also includes two dozen townhomes. MSP Real Estate, Inc. based out of Mendota Heights, Minnesota presented updated plans at a special meeting in August. The building has 96 one- and […]
May 27, 2022
Red Earth, LLC, shares plan for three-phase, varied-dwelling project for River Point District
Red Earth, LLC, of Tomah, Wisconsin, presented their proposal for planned mixed-use, multi-family and townhome developments in the emerging River Point District neighborhood. Red Earth is proposing a three-phase project resulting in three different types of dwellings in locations throughout the neighborhood. Phase one includes the construction of a 50-unit, five-story mixed-use property in the […]
April 12, 2022
Invasive plant removal underway at River Point District
LA CROSSE, Wis., April 12, 2022 – Removal of invasive and undesirable brush and trees is currently underway at River Point District. The City of La Crosse Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department has contracted Les Manske & Sons Excavating & Landscaping of Stoddard, Wisconsin, for the project, which involves the floodplain forest and emergent wetland […]
January 21, 2022
Merge Urban Development Group shares vision for new development project for River Point District
Merge, of Madison, Wisconsin, and Cedar Falls, Iowa, presented their proposal for a mixed-use development project in the emerging River Point District neighborhood. Merge is known for partnering with progressive Midwestern communities to develop next-generation real estate in opportunity zones with strong revitalization potential. Explore the full Merge Urban Development Group proposal.