A visionary neighborhood project with wide impact
River Point District is a forward-thinking vision for a vibrant, contemporary, mixed-use waterfront neighborhood. Here, abundant natural surroundings create opportunities for unique community amenities and inspiring development.
Located in the heart of La Crosse, Wisconsin, near to Interstate 90 and at the confluence of the Mississippi, Black and La Crosse Rivers, River Point District incorporates principles of sustainable urban design and illustrates community resiliency through the strategic revitalization of a 65-acre, former industrial site.
Thoughtfully developed, the revitalized area will provide a healthy, energetic, culturally rich community adjacent to historic Downtown La Crosse that:
- Creates additional open space and recreational opportunities for all people to enjoy
- Promotes economic vitality
- Increases environmental awareness
- Increases property values
- Enhances La Crosse’s overall appeal as a place to work, live and play
A commitment to sustainability
- Site design and engineering respect and conserve the area’s existing ecosystem
- Strategic filling throughout the project site addresses stormwater management and flooding concerns by raising land elevation a minimum of two feet over the 100-year flood plain level
- Dense neighborhood design and proximity to a walkable downtown, recreational trails and countless community resources help reduce overall carbon emissions by encouraging walking and biking
- Dedicated green spaces and gardens throughout the site support optimal individual and community health through increased outdoor time and environmental excellence
For additional details, download the River Point District Planned Development District (PDD) PDF document.